Both the five57 (unisuits) & Squareblades (splashtops/sweater/neon training shirt & cycling top) are now open for club orders. The deadline for orders is 27th September. Full details and passwords (required) can be found in each of the squads Team posts.
Please click below for information with regards the Friday 18th September and Monday 21st September session (J14s). Location details for the Rowing club are also available on this document.
Please click here: https://kingschester.fireflycloud.net/rowing/j14s
- ***Update – J15 Games – Thursday 10 September – All 4th form rowers will now stay on the school site for 4th form games and should be collected from school at the usual time at the end of the day***
- J14 games: All of the games options will be explained during the assembly (Thursday 10 Sept.) and games options will be chosen then.
- No after school sessions on the 9th or 10th September.
- Saturday 12th September: all squads, J15-J18 will have a session at the rowing club.
- Coaches to the club will begin on Monday 14th September.
- All squads will have a team meeting in their first games session of the year, where the protocols and details of the term and year will be explained.
- All athletes will be expected to sign up to their training session for the first half of term through SOCS (notification will go out when this is opened)
- The rowing schedule up until half term can be found by clicking here: https://kingschester.fireflycloud.net/rowing/term-planners-training-times
- In addition to the sessions in the schedule above, each squad will have a training programme and additional sessions to complete at home.
Please ensure that you have read the document below before your first sessions back at the club. On arrival at the club for your first session, one of the coaching team will walk each year group bubble through the procedure for a full session. Athletes are reminded to bring a spare set of kit, full water bottles and that the toilets in the gym will be the only ones open and should be for only emergency use. The changing rooms will be closed & locked and all kit bags should be placed in the gym on arrival.
Athletes should use the hand sanitiser in the gym on arrival and before leaving the club. An additional hand sanitiser and sink with hot and cold water can be found by the launches bay.
- Safety documents:
Please note that a communication will go out to all parents and athletes in early August with regards to current rowing activities.
Due to the current circumstances, there is no Shell “summer school” in 2020. 3rd formers will be briefed about the rowing opportunites in the first games lesson back in September, at the start of the J14 year.
The rowing club is currently closed, the communication to parents and athletes at the start of August will provide an update on the situation for August.
The 2020-2021 updated document can be found here: https://firefly.kingschester.co.uk/rowing/international-rowing-2020-2021